Seventh Generation Campaign to Secure Tiwahe Mission
The Tiwahe Foundation is an independent, American Indian led community foundation that will provide permanency for the successful 20-year American Indian Family Empowerment Program Fund (AIFEP) and leadership development initiatives. It will also be an instrumental resource in philanthropy for donors, mainstream foundations and tribal nations. The Seventh Generation Campaign launched in 2009 is working to secure funds for our American Indian Family Empowerment Program Fund Grants (AIFEP), leadership development initiatives and organizational development and capacity building.
The Tiwahe Foundation is building on more than a decade of success of the American Indian Empowerment Program with over $1.4 million dollars granted to over 820 individuals and families to pursue educational, economic, cultural and leadership opportunities. Our leadership development program has helped over 16 emerging leaders in nonprofits and philanthropy to build capacity and leadership in the field. Many of these emerging leaders helped to design and create the Tiwahe Foundation and are seated on the Board of Directors and Endowment Committee. We have built a collaborative for Tiwahe Alumni AIFEP grantees that will provide networks of leaders in the community.
An investment in the Tiwahe Foundation will be used for the following purposes:
- To serve as a community foundation that will be a resource and intermediary for individuals, foundations, tribes and American Indians with a goal of increasing philanthropic dollars to American Indian causes in Minnesota
- To build our capacity and organizational development over the next three years
- To double our grantmaking of the American Indian Family Empowerment Program Fund from $50,000 a year to $100,000 a year by securing our $6 million endowment
- To expand the Native Leadership Initiative, thus adding many American Indian people to key leadership roles
- To positively affect thousands of individuals and families through the work of AIFEP grantees upon achievement of their respective individual goals
820 GRANTS TO INDIVIDUALS TOTALING $1.4 MILLION – 100% TO AMERICAN INDIANS
Seventh Generation Endowment Campaign Committee
Laura Waterman Wittstock, Co-Chair
David Bice, Co-Chair
Tiffany R. Beckman, M.D., M.P.H
James R. Boyle
Conley Brooks Jr.
Kathy Denman Wilke
Leah Goldstein Moses
Louis F. Hill
Trisha Lee Cook
Malcolm W. McDonald
Lucy Rosenberry Jones